Microsoft recently launched a new version of Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 users enrolled in the Developer Preview Programs which brought a couple of new features like Battery Save live tile, Battery Saver shortcut in action center and system update installation schedule selection. Microsoft has also added the long-awaited automatic time and date correction according to your time zones.
One of the most wanted features in Windows Phone was the ability to automatically adjust your time and date using your time zone. This feature has been long present in the competitor mobile OS, Android and iOS, but Windows Phone was missing this feature.
Now, Microsoft has finally launched this useful feature in the latest update for Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 users after the recent 14203 build update. If you are looking for the option to automatically configure your time and date of phone according to the time zone then, you are at right place.
Simply follow the instructions below and you will be able to enable automatic time and date configuration on your Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 device.
Note: You will need to have an active internet connection whether Wi-Fi or data connection to take advantage of automatic time and date configuration.
- First of all, you must be running the most recent build of Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 i.e. 14203.
- Once you think you are running the most recent build, simply go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Data and Time’.
- Here you will get the option of ‘Set date and time automatically’. Enable it by moving the slider switch to right.
- Now, your Windows Phone will automatically adjust the time and date according to your time zone.
- That’s all! You never have to worry about manually configuring time and date.
Here is a quick video showing the same process and automatic time correction.