Windows 8 and 8.1 holds a market share of 12.48% with Windows 7 ahead in July 2014

Advertisement

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are still behind Windows 7 and Windows XP in the global market share. Windows 7 has a global market share of 51.22% of market share whereas, Windows XP had a total market share of 24.82%.

Windows-global-OS-market-share-July-2014

According to the statistics by Net Applications for the month of July 2014, Windows 7 is still dominating the global PC market share with over 50% of market share whereas, Windows XP is second followed by Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.

Windows 8 has a total market share of 5.92% with Windows 8.1 a bit ahead with share of 6.56% global market share. They make a combined total share of 12.48% which has decreased from 12.56% of June 2014.

Windows 7 is still the market leader with 51.22% of total market share which also increased from 48.77%. Windows 7 is almost 4 years old and is still being used by majority of the users.

Windows XP is still very popular with 24.82% of market share which has declined over the last few months after the software giant, Microsoft, ended the support for it in April 2014. Vista is also being used by 3.05% of people around the world.

Coming to other OS than Windows, Mac OS X has a total market share of 4.12% with Linux having 1.68% of share for the month of July 2014.

Source: Net Applications

Share

Ahmad Wahid

Being a University student of computer, has developed keen interest in technology and like to test out the new gadgets. His interests include Social Networking as well.