We already know that Windows 8.1 would get many improvements as compared to Windows 8 but, now, a new feature has been discovered which would give you the ability to use desktop wallpapers as the background of Start Screen.
Previously, Windows 8 uses different patterns as the background of Start Screen but, you can’t use the desktop wallpapers as backgrounds of Start Screen. Now, Paul Thurrott reports with reference of images (above and below) that Windows 8.1 would get the option to use desktop wallpapers as Start Screen backgrounds.
This new feature would surely be appreciated by all Windows 8.1 users who couldn’t use custom images as Start Screen backgrounds in Windows 8 but, now they would be able to do so by using their desired images as wallpaper on desktop.
This new option of custom Start Screen background would be coming to Windows 8.1 and may also be included in preview scheduled to be launched on June 26. Windows 8.1 would also get the Start Button back on desktop.
You may visit our Windows 8.1 section for our complete coverage of Windows 8.1 news, rumors and leaks.
Source: WinSuperSite | Images via: WinSuperSite
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- backgroundd pic in 8 1 windows phone
- windows 8 start wallpaper for desktop
- windows 8 1 screensavers for desktop
- windows 8 1 phone wallpaper settings
- windows 8 1 mobile background images
- windows 8 1 beta phone desktop pictures
- Win 8 1 Desktop Background
- where is desktop wallpaper in windows 8 1?
- set windows phone 8 1 background
- how to set wallpaper on wp8 1 start