Skype Metro for Windows 8 was leaked yesterday, online and then, it was available for everyone for testing. But, installing the Skype requires a bit of knowledge in Windows 8 commands and non techie people may not be able to install it. But, here is a guide on how to install Skype Metro on Windows 8 which will take you through every step of installation and in the end, you would have Skype running.
You would need the following things
- Skype Metro package which can be downloaded from here.
- An active internet connection not just for Skype usage but, for its installation also.
- Microsoft Account for installation.
Now, when you have fulfilled the above requirements, follow the instructions below to install Skype Metro
- First of all, extract the zipped files of the package.
- Now, open the folder named as ‘Skype Metro’.
- Here right click the ‘Add-AppDevPackage’ and select ‘Run with PowerShell’.
- Your ‘PowerShell’ window would open. Wait for the commands to load.
- After you have the commands, you would be asked; ‘Are you sure you want to execute the policy’, simply type in ‘Y’ and press ‘Enter’.
- Next, after few more on-screen processes, ‘PowerShell’ will ask for the ‘Administrative Privileges’. Press ‘Enter’.
Tip: If, you are asked for the permission by UAC, simply give the permission by pressing ‘Yes’.
- Now, your ‘PowerShell’ would open in Administrative mode.
- Next, a pop-up window would open. Here read the license agreement and press ‘I Agree’.
- In the next window, you would be asked to sign-in with your ‘Microsoft Account’.
- After signing in, you would be showed a message that you have a developer license. Simply press ‘Close’.
- You would be taken back to the ‘PowerShell’.
- You would be asked again to continue. Type in ‘Y’ and press ‘Enter’.
- Then, you would be showed that the developer license was successfully acquired and then, the installation of the package would start.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- After installation, you would be showed that ‘Your package was successfully installed’. Press ‘Enter’ to continue.
- Your ‘PowerShell’ window would close and your Skype is ready to use.
- Go to ‘Start Screen’ and look for the Skype tile at the end of the list.
- Enjoy using Skype Metro for Windows 8.
Note: This Skype Metro version is not the official version so, it may contain some bugs.
Here is a quick video showing the installation process of Skype Metro on Windows 8.
Were you able to test Skype Metro? If yes, we are waiting for your feedback but, if you weren’t able to install Skype Metro, we are here to help you. Let us know everything in the comments below.