Windows 8.1 codenamed Blue is the update for Windows 8 which makes the Windows 8 experience more awesome by adding more helpful and easy to use features. Microsoft released the preview of Windows 8.1 on June 26 which includes many new features, apps and improvements including new apps, more customization options and deep desktop and Modern-UI integration.
With all the new features of Windows 8.1 which have count in hundreds, Windows 8.1 maybe a bit difficult to understand for beginners. Keeping the changes in the user experience of Windows 8.1 in mind, as compared to Windows 8 and to inform the world about the new additions in the next flagship update for Windows, the team of Windows8Core.com decided to author a book on the Windows 8.1. The book aims to inform all the Windows 8.1 users with all the new and improved features of the update for Windows 8.
Named as ‘Understanding Windows 8.1 : Tips & Tricks’ this paperback as well as the e-book published on Amazon and Kindle e-Store covers all the newly added aspects of Windows 8.1 along with those who have been updated.
The book comprise of the following 7 chapters:
- Introduction – The introduction and the history of the Windows 8.1 and its predecessors including some insights of Windows 8 regarding sales and popularity.
- Unlocking the PC – Covering all the methods to unlock your PC like password, pic and picture password etc along with details of the lock screen and items showed on it. It also covers the new additions in the lock screen of Windows 8.1 including new detailed notification area and camera access from lock screen.
- Start Screen (Modern-UI) – Covering each and every aspect of the Start Screen of Windows 8.1 including customizations, pin/unpin, sorting of apps, Start Screen backgrounds and more. It also covers the relation between the Start Screen and the ‘All apps’ section.
- Charms Bar – All 4 Charms of Windows 8.1 along with their different functions on different aspects have been covered in this chapter. Their functions and features have also been covered. The Charms bar include; Search, Share, Devices and the Settings etc. Each and everything which is showed on the Charms Bar in different apps or locations in Windows 8.1 have been described in details.
- PC Settings – Windows 8.1 has finally got all the items of Control Panel on desktop on a touch friendly and Modern-UI based PC Settings app. All the major and most accessed settings can now be access from PC Settings. The chapter goes in depth of the PC Settings and its different features like lock screen, accounts, updates & recover, SkyDrive, notifications, ease of access, privacy, network and many more.
- Desktop & Modern-UI integration - This chapter covers the new and improved desktop and Modern-UI integration of Windows 8.1 like new Start Button, option to access ‘All apps’ section, view desktop apps first in ‘All apps’ section and boot directly to desktop etc. The option to set desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background has also been discussed thoroughly.
- Snap – The snap feature of Windows 8.1 has been improved significantly. The topics in this chapter include multiple app snapping and app snap style on different screen resolutions.
All the topics in this book include related screenshots to help the readers understand the feature more easily. With over 300+ topics and 310+ images, this book covers almost all the features of the newly introduced Windows 8.1.
Availability & Pricing:
The book is now available as a paperback edition in black & white on Amazon for the price of $9.99. The Kindle edition of the same book is also available with colorful images which costs $7.00
You can get this useful yet informative book from these 3 different sources:
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Feeds, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.