Windows 8.1 comes pre-installed with the Skype app which makes the usage of the calling service by Microsoft a relief and easy to use with Microsoft account. But, recently, Skype app started to crash for some of the people, including me, right on the splash screen and it was very annoying. Now, Microsoft has released an update for Windows 8.1 to fix that crash issue.
Microsoft has released a patch for the crash issue of Skype app in Windows 8.1 which points towards that it wasn’t the app which was crashing instead, some other thing in Windows 8.1 was causing the crash.
The crash was being mainly caused on the devices running the Intel HD 3000 graphics which Microsoft has fixed in this update for Windows 8.1
The update can be downloaded from the following links:
- Download KB 2902892 for Windows 8.1 x86
- Download KB 2902892 for Windows 8.1 x64
- Download KB 2902892 for Windows Server 2012 x64
Alternatively, you can also get the same update from Windows Updates and chances are it may already have been downloaded and installed to your PC if, you have the automatic updates enabled.
The update fixed the Skype crash issue on one of the PC’s and hopefully will also do the same for everyone else.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- Windows Phone 8 1 Crashing
- Metro skype crashes
- windows phone skype app crash loading
- windows phone 8 1 skype crash
- twitter app crash windows phobe 8 1 update 1
- skype keeps crashing on me in windows 8 1
- skype for wp 8 1 keeps crashing
- skype crashes windows phone 8 1
- skype crashes on windows phone 8 1
- skype app crashes on xbox 8 1