Nokia has finally started to roll out the most anticipated and long awaited Windows Phone 7.8 update for current Windows Phone 7.5 devices. All previous Lumia devices by Nokia running Windows Phone 7.5 will get the update in upcoming weeks.
The Lumia family including the 510, 610, 710, 800 and 900 would be receiving the Windows Phone 7.8 update in the coming weeks and you should get the update soon depending your phone status; whether it’s an unlocked phone or a carrier dependent.
The Windows Phone 7.8 update includes some features of all new Windows Phone 8 like the resizable tiles, new lock screen, new theme colors and few more things. But, most features of Windows Phone 8 won’t be coming to current Windows Phone 7.5 devices in 7.8 update due to restrictions in hardware.
The update for Nokia Lumia devices is now rolling out and you should get the notification of software update soon and then, you can download the update by connecting your phone to Zune desktop on PC or MAC.
Source: Nokia | Image via: Nokia
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- nokia lumia 510 update 8 1
- lumia 510 update windows 8 1
- How to upgrade to windows8 1 in lumia710
- nokia lumia 510 update to windows 8 1
- nokia lumia 510 phone update with windows 8 1
- nokia lumia 610 update 8 1
- lumia 510 update 8 1
- install windos8 1 for lumia 610
- howto updatamy lumia510to windows8 1
- Can i update nokia lumia 610 from 7 8 software to 8 1?