Microsoft has started to roll out the Lumia Denim update for all Lumia Windows Phones around the world and the roll out is still in the process of released. Lumia Denim includes a lot of awesome features including updated camera algorithms for all PureView devices.
Denim brings Camera improvements in the form of Lumia Camera 5.0 where the Lumia Windows Phone likes the Lumia 930/Icon and Lumia 1520 would be getting rich recording, 4K video support, HDR support with Dynamic Flash and improved low-light photography.
Lumia Camera 5.0 also brings the fast start up speeds of camera for Lumia Windows Phone but, the devices running with the old Lumia Camera device won’t be getting it as well.
Lumia Camera 5.0 is only available for PureView Windows Phones like the Lumia 830, Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520 whereas, the non-PureView Lumias won’t be getting the Lumia 5.0 and hence, would be left with the old camera start up speeds.
But, if you are a holder of Lumia Windows Phone and want to take advantage of the faster Lumia Camera start up speeds then, you are at right place. We will be showing you a Lumia Camera 5.0 app running on the non-pureview Windows Phone where some of the features like rich recording and 4K video is not supported due to hardware restrictions.
Here are the things which are running in this Lumia Camera 5.0 app running on a Lumia 920/520:
- Fast startup speed for Lumia Camera
- Still photos can be captured along with manual controls for exposure, focus, white balance, flash and ISO
- Video recording support with manual focus during recording
- Select to record video or shoot in burst mode by holding the camera button
- New camera user interface
The following things couldn’t be used on Lumia 920/520 due to hardware restrictions:
- 4K video recording
- Rich capture with Dynamic Flash
- Improved low-light performance
- Full-HD 1080p video recording, only 720p @ 30 frames per second
You can check out the Lumia Camera 5.0 in the screenshots gallery below and we will be posting a walkthrough on video soon.
We will also be posting a step-by-step tutorial on how to install the Lumia Camera 5.0 on any Lumia Windows Phone 8 device, stay tuned.