Lenovo has finally decided to enter the Windows 8.1 tablet with its 8-inch Miix 2 which will probably hold the title of the cheapest tablet. The 8-inch tablet by Lenovo, despite its small size still manages to pack the powerful hardware and a pretty good design and still manages to become the cheapest ever Windows 8.1 tablet in market.
We have previously seen the Acer Iconia W3 and the Toshiba Encore tablets and Lenovo’s Miix 2 tablet would be the third tablet with 8-inch screen. Miix 2 carries a Intel Bay Trail quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, upto 64GB of storage and 5MP camera on back.
Miix 2 will also be the first 8-inch Windows 8.1 tablet which will include a stylus support on screen which would be sold as a separate optional accessory.
Lenovo Miix 8-inch tablet has the following specifications:
- 8.35mm in thickness
- 350 grams in weight
- Intel Bay Trail quad-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 32GB or 64GB of internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for external memory
- 8-inch widescreen 16:10 screen with 10 touch points support
- Screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- Optional stylus to work on screen
- 5MP camera on back with Windows 8.1 camera feature support
- 2MP camera on front with Windows 8.1 camera feature support
- Pre-installed Office 2013 Home & Student Edition
- Optional dockable keyboard
The tablet will be priced $299 for 32GB model and $399 for 64GB model whereas, the optional stylus and keyboard cover will cost additional $20.
Lenevo is scheduled to launch this cheapest tablet later this month after Windows 8.1 launch scheduled for October 18, 2013.
Via: The Verge
Source: Lenovo Press Release