The People app of Windows 8/RT is the social hub for every platform like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more of Windows 8/RT. The People app let’s you post new status updates to Facebook and Twitter easily but, that’s not all. You can also share links to Facebook in the same way as they would be shared from web or any other Facebook mobile app.
Sharing a link on Facebook using the People app of Windows 8/RT is very simple and doesn’t need much knowledge and best of all, you don’t need to do anything special to share links.
Just follow the instructions below to share a link on Facebook using the People app of Windows 8/RT.
Before proceeding to the instructions, you must fulfill the following requirements:
You must have connected your Facebook profile with the People app
First of all, open the People app of Windows 8/RT from your Start Screen or by searching and then, pressing the ‘People’ tile.
Once your People app is open, Press ‘Me’ on left side.
- The ‘Me’ page will open. Here you can update status to Facebook and Twitter using the ‘What’s new’ column.
Select Facebook from drop downmenu under ‘What’s new’ and then, paste the link you want to share on Facebook.
Tip: You can also add caption to the shared link.
Once you have pasted the link there, the preview of that page will appear below.
Now, press the send button and your link would be shared with your Facebook friends.
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- how to share posts in windows 8 1 facebook apps
- on Windows Phone 8 1 Facebook how do I share post with only one friend
- how do I add facebook to share in windows 8 1
- how to add facebook to share link on surface
- how to share a post already on facebook with windows 8
- how to share post on peoples pages with a windows phone
- using IE how do I share a link from windows 8 1
- which share link to choose when sharing facebook post on surface
- windows link people with facebook