Windows 8 Release Preview shows a watermark on the desktop showing ‘Evaluation Copy. Build 8400’. This watermark can be hid but, there is no way to remove it permanently.
Just like Windows 8 Consumer Preview where you could hide the hide the watermark from desktop, Windows 8 Release Preview also supports that option but, the method of the trick has changed.
Just follow the instructions below and you would be able to hide the watermark from the desktop of Windows 8 Release Preview in just seconds.
Note: This trick only hides the watermark temporarily and it would appear back on the following conditions.
- It would appear back after few minutes, probably 2 – 5 minutes.
- When you change the desktop wallpaper
- When you change the desktop theme
- When you switch aero style or color
- When you sign-out
- When the PC goes to the lock screen
- When you reboot your PC
Now, if you still want to hide the watermark from desktop of Windows 8 Release Preview, below are the instructions and video showing the same is embedded at the end of this article.
- First of all, right click your ‘Taskbar’ and select properties.
- In the pop-up window, check ‘Auto-hide the taskbar’ and press ‘Apply’. Your taskbar would hide and it would appear only on mouse hover.
- Now, go to ‘Personalize‘ by right clicking on the desktop and selecting ‘Personalize’ or going to Charms Bar > Settings and selecting ‘Personalization’.
- In the personalize window, select the ‘Windows Basic’ theme and then select your desired theme back again.
- Now, go back to taskbar properties and uncheck ‘Auto-hide the taskbar’ and press ‘Apply’.
- You would see that the watermark is now hidden behind the taskbar.
You may visit our RP Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8 Release Preview.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- windows 8 build 8400 remove watermark
- remove windows 8 watermark build 8400
- Remove evaluation copy build 8400
- how to remove the evaluation copy build 8400
- windows 8 build 8400 watermark remover
- remove label windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
- hide builnumber windows 10
- windows showing build 8400