Windows 8/RT comes with the preinstalled SkyDrive app which lets you upload, view and download files from the cloud storage service by Microsoft but, the app doesn’t have the auto uploaded feature and you can’t access the app from desktop.
Although, Microsoft has also provided a desktop app for SkyDrive which lets you upload and auto-sync files without any prior commands but, Windows RT doesn’t support desktop apps so, Windows RT users are left with the pre-installed SkyDrive app.
The good news is that you can still access SkyDrive from your desktop on Windows RT device like Surface RT but, you will have to do some configuration to get started.
You can follow the instructions below to setup SkyDrive on desktop of your Windows RT device.
- First of all, open up your SkyDrive on browser by navigating to SkyDrive.com and sign-in using your Microsoft account, which you want to access from desktop.
- When the levitra online us SkyDrive is open in your browser, press the ‘Files‘ option from left column.
- Once ‘Files’ is open, go to the address bar and copy the whole web address and viagra mail order usa weekly paste it to some text editor like Notepad, WordPad or Word etc.
- You will have a link like this:
- Here copy the last 16 digit code after ‘cid=’.
- Now, go to the ‘Computer’. Open up Start Screen by pressing ‘Windows key’ or swiping from right and then, selecting ‘Start’.
- Here type ‘Computer’ and you will have the ‘Computer’ in results. Press it.
- Your Computer on desktop will open. Here select ‘Map network drive’ from top ribbon.
- A pop-up window will open asking for the location of the network folder you want to map.
- Here first select the letter you want to assign to that drive then e.g. ‘Z’ and then, type/paste the types similar viagra following in the folder option
- Type your 16 digit code after ‘/’ which makes it something like that:
- Now, when you have entered the location, check the ‘Reconnect at sign-in’ option.
- Once done, press ‘Finish’.
- You would be asked to enter your Microsoft account email and password. Enter them and press ‘ok’
- You will soon have the SkyDrive shortcut in Computer under ‘Network Location’
- You can uploaded, view and download files from SkyDrive using this shortcut.
- That’s all!
The name of the shortcut is too complicated?
If, you think the name of the shortcut of SkyDrive is too much complicated then, you can rename it.
- Just select the shortcut and press ‘Rename’ from top ribbon. You will have the option to rename the shortcut to your desired one.
Want a shortcut on desktop?
- You can also create a shortcut of SkyDrive on desktop by dragging and dropping the shortcut from Computer to desktop.
You can use these shortcuts to upload files by moving files there and download the files from SkyDrive using the copy commands.
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and fastapps.pl tweaks about Windows 8.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- Start BlueStacks
- skydrive windows rt desktop
- cant sign in to my skydrive on surface rt
- microsoft surface cant connect to skydrive
- where is skydrive on surface rt?
- why cant i create a skydrive account on my surface