Windows 8 Pro RTM don’t include Windows Media Center by default but, it is available as an paid upgrade which costs about $12.79 and you need to buy it in-order to get the upgrade key.
Microsoft announced that Windows 8 won’t get a pre-installed Media Center instead it would be available as an upgrade. Windows Media Center wasn’t included in Windows 8 Release Preview and it had to be activated using a key but, now, with Windows 8 RTM the case is different and everyone would have to but their own key.
You can buy and activate Windows Media Center by following the tutorial below:
- First of all, go to Start Screen and search for ‘Add features to Windows 8’. It would be showed in results, open it up.
- You would be taken to the desktop where the ‘Add features to Windows 8’ window would open.
- Here select ‘I want to buy product key online’.
- You would be taken to the next window where you would be showed the Windows 8 Media Center Pack which costs about $12.79.
Note: The price would be displayed in your local currency
- Press ‘Choose’ and you would be showed the payment details. Fill them and up and buy the key.
- When you have your key for ‘Windows 8 Media Center Pack’ simply, go back to the ‘Add feature to Windows 8’ and select ‘I already have a product key’.
- In the next window enter you product key and Windows will check for the validity of your key.
- When verified, press ‘Next’ and accept the license terms by checking the box and press ‘Add features’
- Windows will now add features to your installation.
- After the adding features process has finished, your PC would restart and install features.
- After restart, you would have the ‘Windows Media Center’ in your Windows 8 Pro RTM and you would be showed a Thanks window showing ‘you’re all done and your PC is ready to go’.
You may visit our Windows 8 RTM Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8 RTM.
The servers for Windows 8 Media Center have been taken and they aren’t expected to be made online until the launch of Windows 8 on October 26. So, its not possible to get the Media Center Pack right now. But, if you have the keys then, the Media Center can be activated in Windows 8 RTM using the above method.
Microsoft is offering Windows Media Center upgrade key for free. Head over to this link for more details.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- windows 8 media center pack
- Windows 8 Media Center Install
- windows 8 media center key
- windows 8 install media center
- how to install windows media center windows 8
- install media center on windows 8
- install media center windows 8
- windows media center windows 8
- Windows 8 Media Center
- install windows 8 media center