Windows 8 recently got an update for the Mail app which adds the group view for mails. The group view is very helpful and provides all the mails from that contact in a group but, it sometimes get very annoying if, you are trying to sort all the mails.
The group view shows the latest mail from a contact on top while number of other mails is showed against the mail. On selecting a top level mail, the tree will expand and all the mails from that contact would be showed beneath it e.g. I selected the latest mail from Facebook and all the previous mails from Facebook opened underneath the latest one making a tree.
You may also like to read on how to edit signatures in mail app of Windows 8.
This new feature is very impressive and helpful but, for some of us it maybe annoying. Good thing is that you can switch that feature off in just few steps.
Just follow the instructions below and you will be able to switch that feature off in just seconds.
- First of all, open up ‘Mail’ app of Windows 8 and go to ‘Settings’ Charms by pressing ‘Windows key + I’ or selecting Settings from Charms Bar (Windows key + C).
- You ‘Mail’ app ‘Settings’ will open. Here select ‘Options’.
- Your Mail app ‘Options’ will open. Here you would see only one option named as ‘Group messages by conversation’ under ‘Message list’.
- Move the slider switch to the left and your grouped view of mails would be disabled.
- That’s all.
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8 RTM.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Feeds, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- Windows 8 Mail Groups
- mail application windows 8 not grouping messages
- windows 8 1 mail group
- windows 8 mail grouping emails together