Windows 8 by default asks you to enter the login details in-order to sign in. The process of enerting the details is very annoying and takes some time. Today, we will be telling you the way to boot directly into Start Screen without the need to enter any login details.
When we boot the Windows 8, a login screen welcomes us and we are asked to enter the login details. Here you are required to enter the email address and password of your Microsoft account or alternatively you may need to do some gestures on your picture or enter 4 digit pin code if you have picture password or pin enabled respectively. When you enter the login details few seconds are required to login to Metro-UI.
Just follow the instructions below and you won’t be asked again to enter login details .
- First of all, go to Metro-UI (Start Screen) and type in ‘Run’. You would be given the ‘Run’ command in results. Open it up.
- Your ‘Run’ command would open.
- Type in the following in the run command
- Press ‘ok’.
- A ‘User Accounts’ pop-up dialog box will open.
- Here in this ‘Users’ tab, uncheck ‘Users must enter username and password to use this computer’.
Note: If you are using multiple ID’s to login and want to boot using a specific ID then select the ID from the ‘Users for this computer’ section and then uncheck ‘Users must enter username and password to use this computer’.
- Press ‘Ok’.
- You would be asked to enter the password for the user account you selected. Enter the password twice and press ‘Ok’.
- Restart your computer/tablet and you would be logged into Metro-UI without any password or selection prompt.
- That’s all!
You may visit our Windows 8 RTM Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8 RTM.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- removw password windows rt
- remove password from signinscreen onsurfacepro
- northern tale windows rt
- how to remove rt password
- how to remove password from surface start up
- how to eliminate a password on surface tablet
- how to bypass surface pro login screen
- how to bypass a pass code lock on a windows surface
- how do i take the password off my surface tablet
- windows surface how to turn off force logon