Windows 8.1 just like Windows 8 shows different transitions and animations while performing different tasks on the Modern-UI. Those animations make the Modern-UI experience more good looking but, some people don’t like those transitions and want their Windows user experience to be simple and plain.
Windows 8 didn’t have the option to disable those animations but, Microsoft have included the option to disable all those transitions with just one press of a button in Windows 8.1
If you want to disable the transitions of Windows 8.1 Modern-UI then, follow the instructions below.
- First of all, go to Start Screen by pressing the Start button and type ‘PC Settings’.
- ‘PC Settings’ would be showed in the results. Press it.
- Your ‘PC Settings’ app will open. Here navigate to ‘Ease of Access’ > ‘Other options’.
- Your ‘Other options’ tab will open. Here you would be showed two different options.
- Turn off the switch named as ‘Play animations in Windows’.
- Now, all your transitions of Modern-UI have been disabled. Pressing any app or performing any function would be done without any transition or animations.
- That’s all!
Here is a quick video showing the same process and the after and before effects of transitions in Windows 8.1.
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8.1
You may also get our book on Understanding Windows 8.1 to find out all the latest changes and features of Windows 8.1, the update for Windows 8.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- windows phone disable animation
- disable animation windows phone
- wp8 animation disable
- wp 8 disable animation
- windows phone 8 1 animations
- windows 8 disable modern ui
- windows 8 1 turn off animation
- widows 8 1 phone doable animations
- how to WP8 1 disable page transition animation
- how to turn off animations in windows phone 8 1