Mail app of Windows 8 syncs mails from last two weeks only, by default from a mail account and older mails aren’t downloaded in the Mail app. But, you can configure Mail of Windows 8 configure to sync all mails on an account.
- You may also like to read on how to turn-off group view of messages in Mail app of Windows 8.
You don’t have to do some magic trick to sync the older mails instead, just set the Mail app to download all mails.
Just follow the instructions below and you will be able to download all emails in Mail app of Windows 8.
- First of all, open up the Mail app of Windows 8.
- Now, go to ‘Settings’ Charms by pressing ‘Windows key + I’.
- You Mail settings will open. Here Select ‘Accounts’.
- Next, you would be showed the connected accounts in your Mail app. Here select the account in which you want all the mails to be synced.
- Now, your email account settings will open. Here you would see the ‘Download email from‘ drop down menu.
- Select ‘Any time’ from the menu and simply close the menu by clicking/tapping anywhere on the app other than the Charms bar.
- Your previous emails will sync shortly and you would be notified on top right corner of Mail app that ‘Syncing all messages for (email provider name). This may take a while.‘
- You will have all your emails from that account right in the app in few seconds.
- That’s all.
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- Configure Mail App Windows 8
- windows 8 mail older than 2 weeks
- Configure Mail On Windows 8
- Syncing Email on Windows 8
- windows 8 mail sync settings
- how to sync mail windows 8
- how to change mail for 2 weeks in windows 8
- windows mail app not syncing folder changes
- windows phone 8 1 downloading emails
- see more emails in windows phone