Internet Explorer 10 of Windows 8 gets Bing as its default search provider but, you can always change that to your desired one. You just have to choose your favorite one from the list of search providers and set it as default. Changing search provider in Internet Explorer 10 is just few seconds away.
Bing is probably the best search provider and it is set as the default search provider in all IE versions but, if you don’t like the Bing, you can always set your own search engine as the search provider. This tutorial will guide you through the steps of setting some other Search engine provider as your default search provider.
- You may also like to read on how to hard reset your Internet Explorer 10 of Windows 8
Just follow the instructions below and you will be able to set your desired search engine as the search provider in IE in seconds.
Note: This tweak will change the search provider of both desktop and Metro mode of Internet Explorer.
- First of all, open up the Internet Explorer in desktop mode.
- Now, type in anything in the address bar but, don’t press enter or go. You would see the Bing icon at the end of the search results and ‘Add’ button on the bottom right corner. Press it.
- The ‘Internet Explorer gallery‘ will open in a new tab. Here navigate to the center of the page and select ‘Search’ from the left.
- The available search providers will be showed. Here press your desired one.
- You would be taken to the next installation page. Here press ‘Add to Internet Explorer’.
- A pop-up dialog box would open asking for confirmation. Here you can make it your default one and Press ‘Add’.
- That search engine will be added as your default search provider in IE.
- That’s all.
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows 8.