Microsoft has announced that the latest build of Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones will be released for Lumia devices today at 10AM i.e. April 10, 2015. The update will be available for most of the Lumia Windows Phone devices and would include many new features.
If you are looking forward to install the Windows 10 Technical Preview on your Lumia Windows Phone device then, you are at right place. We will be telling you the know hos and pre-installation requirements to get the Windows 10 on your Phone safely and without losing your data.
It is to be noted that the Windows 10 for Phones is still in early preview and might include some bugs which might make your Phone unstable for daily use or some of the feature might not even work. So, proceed at your own risk.
You might also like to see whether your device is supported or not by going to this post to look at the list of supported devices. All Lumia Windows Phone 8.x devices are supported but, Lumia 930/Icon has been left behind.
Pre-requisites for installation:
- You will need to install the Windows Insider app on your Windows phone to be able to get the latest preview updates on your Lumia. Download Windows Insider app here.
- You will need to have at-least 1GB of free storage on the internal memory of your phone to install this update.
- You need to be connected to a Wi-Fi connection download the update.
- Your phone must be charged 80% before starting the download and installation of this update.
- Once you have fulfilled the above requirements, open up the Windows Insider app and press the ‘Get Preview Build’ link.
- You would be asked to select from ‘Fast Insider’ or ‘Slow Insider’ build. Select ‘Fast Insider’.
- If the update is available then, you will get the notification that a new update is available. Press, ‘Download’ and your Update will start downloading.
- Once the download is complete, your phone will restart and the update will be installed while you see the rolling gears screen.
- After that, the data will be migrated and then, you will be taken to the Lock Screen of Windows 10.
- That’s all! Enjoy
You may visit our Windows 10 on Phone section to view complete updates and hands on to Windows 10 for Phones.