The People and Calendar app of Windows 8/RT lets your sync the Google contacts and Calendar to your Windows 8/RT PC for easy access but, you won’t be able to get that sync anymore due to the changes in the policies by Google.
Google last month announced that services using the Exchange ActiveSync, or EAS protocol from Microsoft to sync the Google services won’t work after January 30, 2013. Now, the date is here and from now on, you won’t get the option to sync Google Calendar and contacts to the Calendar and People app of Windows 8/RT respectively.
Microsoft has announced that the Mail app of Windows 8 will still keep syncing the new emails from Gmail by Google but, Google Contacts and Calendar won’t be synced to your Windows 8 apps.
The good news is that people who have already connected their Windows 8 apps to Google account and have synced Contacts and Calendar will keeping getting syncing but, people who set up the services after January 30, 2013 won’t be able to get the Google Contacts and Calendar items on your Windows 8/RT apps.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- windows phone calender wont
- windows 8 google contacts
- gmail contacts wont load in windows 8
- gmail contacts won\t load windows phone
- sync windows 8 calendar with google contracts
- sync google contacts windows 8
- Google contracts don\t sync windows phone 8
- google contacts wont load
- Google contacts to people
- gmail won\t link to google calendar on ie 8