The People and Calendar app of Windows 8/RT lets your sync the Google contacts and Calendar to your Windows 8/RT PC for easy access but, you won’t be able to get that sync anymore due to the changes in the policies by Google.
Google last month announced that services using the Exchange ActiveSync, or EAS protocol from Microsoft to sync the Google services won’t work after January 30, 2013. Now, the date is here and from now on, you won’t get the option to sync Google Calendar and contacts to the Calendar and People app of Windows 8/RT respectively.
Microsoft has announced that the Mail app of Windows 8 will still keep syncing the new emails from Gmail by Google but, Google Contacts and Calendar won’t be synced to your Windows 8 apps.
The good news is that people who have already connected their Windows 8 apps to Google account and have synced Contacts and Calendar will keeping getting syncing but, people who set up the services after January 30, 2013 won’t be able to get the Google Contacts and Calendar items on your Windows 8/RT apps.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- Add GMailcontacts to Surface RT Mail
- google calendar on windows rt
- why wont my contacts show windows phone 8 1
- why won\t my gmail sync with windows 8
- windows 8 1 phone wont sync calanders
- why wont my contacts in Google sync with my Windows Phone
- windows 8 phone wont sync google contacts
- sync google contaqcts windows 8
- sync google calendar with windows rt
- sync gmail contacts to windows 8 1 RT