The People and Calendar app of Windows 8/RT lets your sync the Google contacts and Calendar to your Windows 8/RT PC for easy access but, you won’t be able to get that sync anymore due to the changes in the policies by Google.
Google last month announced that services using the Exchange ActiveSync, or EAS protocol from Microsoft to sync the Google services won’t work after January 30, 2013. Now, the date is here and from now on, you won’t get the option to sync Google Calendar and contacts to the Calendar and People app of Windows 8/RT respectively.
Microsoft has announced that the Mail app of Windows 8 will still keep syncing the new emails from Gmail by Google but, Google Contacts and Calendar won’t be synced to your Windows 8 apps.
The good news is that people who have already connected their Windows 8 apps to Google account and have synced Contacts and Calendar will keeping getting syncing but, people who set up the services after January 30, 2013 won’t be able to get the Google Contacts and Calendar items on your Windows 8/RT apps.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- Add GMailcontacts to Surface RT Mail
- windows 8 google contacts
- windows phone calender wont
- gmail contacts wont load in windows 8
- gmail won\t link to google calendar on ie 8
- calendar and mail do not work after update 10041
- windows 8 1 phone wont sync google contacts
- why wont surface show gmail calandars or contCts
- sync google contacts windows 8
- new google contacts wont sync to windows phone