Microsoft is just around the corner to launch the Windows 10 on Phones and the software giant has also confirmed that the update would be coming within a week now. Microsoft will launch the Windows 10 for Phone Preview for all Windows Phone 8 devices but, it is to be noted that installing this Preview might result in unexpected behavior by your Windows Phone device.
Windows 10 for Phone Preview won’t be like the Preview for Developer Program on Windows Phone 8 devices where you can get the finished features ahead of official release from carriers and manufacturers.
Who and where should you install the Windows 10 on their Windows Phone devices?
- You want to test out the latest features on your Lumia or other Windows Phone.
- You are eager to install new software on your Windows Phone.
- You should install the Windows 10 on your secondary device as any issues might result in non-proper functionality. Better have an alternate to install as we might not risk primary device.
So, if you are still willing to install the Windows 10 on Phone Preview once it is launched, you will be getting ready for the following things:
- Unexpected behavior by your Windows Phone
- Quick battery drainage as compared to regular intervals
- Cellular network not working or not being able to make calls
- You might not be able to perform certain or all cellular network related tasks e.g. SMS, Data Connection and MMS etc.
- Your phone’s hardware might not work properly after installing the Windows 10 Preview
- Your phone might hang or even get bricked after installing the Windows 10
- You might not be able to use certain hardware/software related features of your device like camera, sensors, brightness etc.
- Your phone might not even start after installing Windows 10
So, by adhering to the above issues, which you might face on your Windows Phone you are ready to install and face any issue.
Preparing for Windows 10 on Phone installation:
- You must have at-least 1GB of free storage on the internal storage of your Windows Phone
- Users running Windows Phone 8.1 will be able to download the update on SD Card
- You will need a Wi-Fi connection to download the update
- You must download the Windows Insider app on your Windows Phone which will let you get the latest updates.
Once you think you are ready to install the Windows 10 on Phone, just wait for Microsoft to launch the Windows 10 for Phones. You can stay tuned at Windows8Core to get the latest updates about Windows 10.