WhatsApp has released a major update for Windows Phone version of its app which includes a lot of awesome features but, some people, including me are facing issues after the recent update. The chat messages are now showing in the WhatsAll chat history nor can receive any new chat message.
The update seems to be unstable and include bugs but, for those of you facing the chat not showing issue after installing the most recent update can easily fix it.
Simply uninstall the WhatsApp from your phone and then, reinstall the WhatsApp again from Store or this link. Once you have reinstalled, set it up like normal intervals but, don’t restore your chat messages from backup.
If you don’t restore the chat messages backup then, your WhatsApp will start working perfectly fine.
The issue seems to a broken chat which is not compatible with previous versions and chats done in previous versions aren’t working.
Were you able to fix the WhatsApp chat issue with the workaround mentioned above? It worked for me!
Update: WhatsApp has got another update in Store which fixes this chat message bug.
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- all is not showing in whatsapp in windows phone
- whatsapp chat restore issue on windows
- messages sent on whatsapp not showing on windows phone
- repairing chat history on whatsapp using windows 8 1
- whatsapp contact not showing up in windows 8 phone
- why is whatsapp not showing chats
- windows WhatsApp not showing chat history