Windows 8 supports aero snap feature just like Windows 7 in which you can use multiple apps side-by-side. The display screen is divided into many small screens and thus allowing the users to multi task easily.
Windows 8 like Windows 7 supports aero snap feature but in Windows 8 some features are different like Metro-UI. In Windows 8 users can use Metro-UI apps in parallel with the normal desktop apps. In normal when you go to desktop, Metro-UI apps are closed automatically.
This amazing feature is activated by default in Windows 8 but it is disabled in devices with resolutions less than 1336 x 780. Therefore normal users with lesser resolution cannot take advantage of this amazing snap feature.
There is always a solution of problem. So, here we present the solution. You can enable snap feature in Windows 8 by changing some values.
Just follow the steps below to enable Aero Snap feature in Windows 8 in just minutes.
- Press ‘Windows + R’ button to launch ‘Run’ app.
- Type in ‘regedit’ in the search box and press ‘ok’
- Registry Editor will open in a pop-up windows
- Navigate to
Tip: Go to ‘Edit’ menu and click ‘find’. In the find dialog box write down ‘AlwaysEnableLSSnapping’ and click ‘find next’
- You would be taken to the AppPositioner tab. Open up ‘AlwaysEnableLSSnapping’
- In the pop-up dialog box change the value from ‘0’ to ‘1’
- Press ‘ok’
- Now, restart your device and the Aero Snap Feature would be enabled.
For all those who can’t find the ‘AlwaysEnableLSSnapping’ file, use the below given file to enable Snap Feature:
- Download the Aero Snap Enabler from here
- Unzip the file
- Run ‘Windows 8 Snap Enabler.exe’
- Click ‘Enable Windows 8 Snap Feature’
- Now, restart your PC and your Aero Snap feature would be enabled
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.