Microsoft has released a major update for the Battery Saver app of Windows Phone 8.1 which adds a handful of useful features in the battery monitoring app of Windows Phone. Battery Saver now lets you see the percentage of battery usage by individual apps as well as see how much battery was consumed in the background as well as foreground.
This update bumps the version of Battery Saver to 1.0.14201.0 and is the first major update since the launch of Windows Phone 8.1 earlier this year.
The change log of the Battery Saver app has the following changes mentioned:
- Separate bars to show foreground and background running apps
- Filter battery consumption of apps in 24 hours, week or last 48 hours
- Battery Saver Modes clearly shows what is does under Settings
- Improved ‘until next charge’ button where it automatically gets turned on next charge
- Actual battery capacity measuring with monitoring depending on the battery condition
- Individual battery consumption for apps also show battery details about background and foreground app usage
- Live Tile to show live battery statistics (will require Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 build 14203 to work)
- Ability to add shortcut to action center (will require Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 build 14203 to work)
This major update for Battery Saver is now available for download from Store and will be installed automatically. Otherwise, you may manually install the update by following the instructions in this article.