Microsoft has recently rolled out an update for Windows Phone 8.1 Preview users which adds the support for Cortana in additional regions. But, Cortana isn’t the only feature being added in this update. You can now add ‘Cellular Data Connection’ switch to the Action Center pull down menu in the notifications bar.
Windows Phone 8.1 was missing the ability to toggle data connection on/off from the quick settings action center in Windows Phone 8.1 and it was one of the most wanted feature for users. Now, the software giant has finally added that feature in the latest update which means you will be able to turn on or off data connection from the switch in action center without the need of going to settings.
Follow the instructions below to add data connection switch to action center in Windows Phone 8.1 with Update 1.
Note: You must be running the Windows Phone 8.10.14219.341 build to get the option to add data connection in action center.
- Simply go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Notifications+Actions’ and here tap any slot where you would like to add data connection toggle switch.
- You would be asked to select the options. Here select ‘Cellular Data’.
- Cellular data connection switch would be added to your action center. Simply tap it and your data connection will be toggled on/off.
- That’s all!
You may visit our Tips & Tweaks section for more tips, tricks and tweaks about Windows Phone 8.1.
Stay tuned as we will providing a complete change of the most recent update soon!
People searched for the following terms to get here:
- cant add data connection to notifications bar Windows Phone
- how to add data connection in notification and action
- how to get my data on/off option to notification quick action bar
- how to move data connection to quick actions on Windows 520 8 1 cell phone
- where is the data connection option i nokia lumid denimwindows phone
- windows phone 8 1 cellular data quick action
- windows phone 8 1 turn off cellular data
- windows8 1 cellular data turn on