Windows 8 Developer Preview contains dozens of built-in Metro style apps. These apps run almost perfectly but, if you are a developer or regular user and want to change the core files of these app you need to go to the installation files of those apps in-order to change something.
Seems simple! But, it is not. You don’t have access by default to go to the applications folder and you are denied access to that folder by Windows.
You need extra permissions to access the http://www.joekel.de/buy-levitra-online-with-fast-delivery application folder. Well, you don’t need to be sad. We have got the solution for you by which you can access the applications folder just like regular folders.
You just need to follow the steps specified below and your applications folder would be accessible like regular folders in minutes. (You may also see the tutorial video embedded at the end of this article)
- First of all go to ‘My Computer’
- Go to the installation directory of Windows 8 Developer Preview (It should be C:\)
- Open up the ‘program files’ folder
- Now, you should see an applications folder. If not then navigate to the ‘View’ menu and mark the ‘hidden items’ option
- Your applications folder should be visible now.
- Open up the applications folder
- You would be denied access to the folder
- Click ‘continue’
- Again, you would be told ‘you have been denied permission to access this folder’
- Click ‘security tab’. It would be underlined
- A pop-up dialog would open showing different options in the elfving.fi ‘security tab’
- Click ‘Advanced’
- Another pop-up dialog box would open. Click ‘change’ against the ‘owner’
- Another pop-up dialog box would open.
- Now, there you need to write down the ‘Username’ or ‘Windows Live ID’ in the text box named as ‘enter the object name to select’, which you use to log-in to Windows 8 Developer Preview
- After writing the name, click ‘Check Names’
- Your ID would be identified and if found correct you full name would be displayed along with your email in the text box.
- Click ‘ok’
- In the next window again click ‘ok’
- Keep clicking ‘ok’ unless/until you reach the error message that you ‘have been denied access’
- Click ‘close’
- You would be taken again to the ‘program files’ folder.
- Open up the applications folder and you would be asked for permission again
- Click ‘continue’
- Your applications folder would open.
- That’s all. You have now access to the ‘applications folder’
Although, the above given process is a bit difficult and includes many pop-dialog boxes and http://ondmoon.com/best-prices-for-cialis then ok’s but, if done properly it would take just a minute or two to access the applications folder in Windows 8 Developer Preview.
Was this post helpful? Subscribe to Windows 8 Core Newsletter, be our follower on Twitter, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+ to keep yourself updated with all the latest Windows 8 news and Tips & Tweaks.
People searched for the www.joekel.de following terms to get here:
- windows 8 app install location
- where is the facebook app for windows 8 located
- windows 8 app folder
- windows 8 applications folder
- windows 8 app file location
- windows 8 apps location
- metro app install location
- windows 8 apps folder
- windows 8 app directory
- win8 metro apps directory